ADVERTISEMENT

Practice report #12

Billy Derrick

Master
Gold Member
May 28, 2018
Nashville, TN
  • Pavia looked to be in full control again. The offense, as a whole, looked better than yesterday and I would say won the day. Despite a few offensive line inconsistencies, the offense moved the ball fairly effectively.
  • Pavia threw a seed to Eli Stowers for a solid chunk gain that caught my eye. I think today was the best day for Stowers thus far, he honestly hadn't popped much until today. The tight end position continues to impress. Spence made a few grabs for chunk gains from Pavia.
  • The Pavia to Sherrill connection continued today. Today was a really solid day for Sherrill, he torched the secondary on several occasions. Between him, Skinner, Spence, Stowers, and Johnson, they may have just enough to be dangerous in the play-action game.
  • Nate Johnson was slightly improved today, but still inconsistent for the most part. He did hit Joseph McVay in the red zone on a nice pass and catch.
  • McVay is starting to take some strides. Similar to Humphries and Sherrill, he and Tristen Brown could continue the trend of freshman receivers making an immediate impact. They certainly need all the depth they can get in the receiver room.
  • Meanwhile, Micah Bell had a pretty nice catch on a decent route in the endzone. I still think he'll be a gadget guy, but if he could develop into a decent route runner, that would be huge. Not saying I expect that, but I do think he's gotten better.
  • Xavier Castillo struggled in pass protection today - the offensive line was inconsistent as a whole today. Can’t afford injuries there.
  • Christian James was back in action.
  • Kolbey Taylor was back.
Off to the side:
  • Gabe Fisher
  • Jeremiah Dillon
  • Grayson Morgan
  • Moni Jones
Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'll have more notes after speaking to Coach Klenakis, Steven Hubbard, and Cade McConnell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.