ADVERTISEMENT

Time to give Clark Lea some credit??

denverdore

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2021
I know the general consensus and theme of the spring and summer on this board were to blame Lea, say he was on a short leash, and generally bash him.

Now having seen 2 games, he has done an absolutely masterful job. As the CEO of the organization, he literally pressed all the right buttons to turn things around in a very short timeframe. He got rid of the coaches (and players) that didn't fit his vision, he brought in a rockstar strength staff, he identified an OC in Beck that could be successful 'with less' than other teams, he convinced Jerry Kill to come out of retirement to help with another rebuild, and he took over as DC.

I know two games is a small sample size, but I think he deserves a lot of credit and should get some props for how different this team looks this year. I've seen a lot of comments here about how Kill, Beck, and Stiner deserve all the credit for this turnaround, and they play a huge part for sure, but Lea is the figurehead and has done a fantastic job identifying and fixing his past mistakes and making this football team fun to watch again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.