ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting It Close ???

JOSEPH WHEELER

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2018
The Cosmos
Folks, they are cutting it damn close in the north end zone of Dudley Field. The dead line of 11:00 AM on August 31st is rapidly approaching. I've noticed that almost all the plywood and/or mats have been removed from the playing surface, but the turf looks horrible and in need of a deep cleaning and possibly repairs (this could remove much of the pelletized rubber which would need replacement for player safety). No new seats have been installed to date (even though they have been presold). It also appears all work at the south end of the stadium has ceased. The one big LED scoreboard is up, but not yet tested. Entrance and egress will still be an issue for fans. I don't think all the promised end zone perks (bars, concessions, lounges, etc.) will be finished in a month. Are visiting teams still expected to dress in a "circus tent" or their hotel rooms? I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but you could see this screw up coming 6 months ago. I see very poor planning and oversight from the Vanderbilt AD.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.