ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting What Clark Lea had to say about the importance of recruiting locally

VUMatt23

Admiral
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2018
A quote from an interview he did with TOS today:

“A significant portion of recruiting is relationships, so for me I think tapping into those relationships that have been forged over now decades — it’s crazy to think about," Lea said. "Whether I have a personal connection or not, this needs to be Nashville’s program. The kids within our footprint need to feel the presence of a school, and the population boom should serve to benefit us. What I want to do is maximize that.

"I want to put a five-hour radius around campus and I want to be the best school in the country at harvesting that area, building relationships and evaluating players. For us, it is a national brand. The school will carry anywhere, especially with the elite education and the SEC. That’s a huge deal no matter where you are, but I think our efforts need to start here in our backyard, because there are so many good players. We don’t need to let them go anywhere else. Why do you want to go somewhere else? Everything you want is right here.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News