ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Quick coaching search update

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
As you've all read by now, Adam Zagoria calls John Thompson III "the leader" in the Vanderbilt search right now. Kudos to David Sisk for dropping his name on the board yesterday before that got out. David did a little homework yesterday around lunch and felt that name might make sense given Turner's connections. I can't say we knew it would be that serious.

And to that, a source with Vanderbilt connections told me this morning that there "are legs" to this.

David mentioned Ed Cooley yesterday, too. That one has also come up in other places but I can't tell how serious that is. Cooley has consistently won at Providence but has not made much of a deep NCAA run at any point. He's very well liked and respected.

Another name dropped to me this morning as a possible dark-horse is David Blatt, whose background is entirely professional. I think Turner knows him well. I have a hard time thinking that's really where they go--he's 59 and never coached at the college ranks--but I am just passing that along.

We will let you know what we hear. There's not much coming out of Vanderbilt right now and the way they do searches these days, that will probably continue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News