ADVERTISEMENT

Fairgrounds Stadium Site- can't decide how I feel

Lindsay13

Lieutenant, junior grade
Sep 27, 2014
I know this is a repeat topic on here but saw some new talk today about MLS coming to Nashville with a new stadium at the fairgrounds.. of course for us Vandy fans it's fun to think what this may mean for us, if anything

I understand off campus stadiums are bad. History shows it. Dudley to Fairgrounds is 4.8 miles, but in Nashville traffic, that's 25 min some days. I completely understand why people would not want to play our games there. Part of me agrees

The other part of me says this: we aren't getting a new stadium on Campus. Ain't happening. We may upgrade the Dud some, nicer bathrooms, some paint here and there etc.. the fairgrounds stadium would be state of the art. It would be 1,000 times nicer than what we currently have, would seat 40k ish which fits Vandys need.
Opposing fans would still flock to nashville. That will never change. Worried about the students??? Please. First off, it's a 5 mile Uber drive which would cost $8 probably. Second, its like living off campus at other schools, hop in your car and go to the games. If you really wanna go, adding a 5 mile drive won't stop anyone. Lastly, and no offense to anyone, but we aren't Florida or UT. We typically have, what, 1k students a game if that?? Not like they make a massive difference in what the crowd looks like, and that's just bc we're a small private school. Look at NW,Stanford, etc. it's not just Vandy

Also, could you imagine turning a game of ours on, and not having the cameras on the Vandy side, looking right at the 10s of thousands of opposing fans??

That would be something to see! Just trying to play devils advocate here. We'll see if anything comes from this MLS talk

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News