ADVERTISEMENT

This board is upside down

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
So let’s see. We have someone call Corbin lazy. We have someone say he needs to learn from our new basketball coach who doesn’t have a single win yet at Vanderbilt (more on that). Many gripe about the baseball program while lauding this coming football and basketball outcomes, where we haven’t done well in forever and where the football coach has thus far proven himself to be a pretty large disappointment. Yet with Corbin, is there a single college coach out there you’d trade him for? I most certainly would not. He always wins.

Can Corbin adapt more? For sure — we all have blind spot. I think given the nature of our best recruits often turning pro without ever coming to VU the portal is even more important. But give me a break, he needs to learn from HCMB? MB had to fill an empty roster — he had to go to the portal. He was going to sign a bunch of transfers out of the fact if he didn’t we wouldn’t have a team. Just because the group of radical fans declare each transfer signee amazing player doesn’t make it so.

Everything in football and boops is TbD but we do the same thing here, and I’m not kidding, every single year. Last year was going to be the Clark Lea and Jerry Stackhouse breakout years. It’s easy to proclaim that when it’s all hope before the season starts. But wait until football season when we get bashed around in the SEC. What will be the magic cure next year? We bring in a new strength coach!

Corbin outworks pretty much all of us. Lazy? Wtf? You can’t be dominate every single year - in any sport. But you can make the tournament every year if you have the best coach. I honestly don’t get how if you are objective about baseball, football and basketball you’re in the minority here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News