ADVERTISEMENT

Football and now for something completely diffe

vanderbill

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
let’s discuss football, without turning the thread into a coaching referendum.
how does vu leave oxford with a victory ?
the ole miss / bama game looked eerily similar to the vu / lsu clash in my opinion. both underdogs took early leads, were soon thereafter pummeled into submission, only to show a little fight and put some points on the board to finish on the wrong side of a rout, but with glimpses here and there of offensive potential ( run on sentences be damned ). so as I see it ...

kv picked up 140 ish yards against a stout lsu defense, so I anticipate at least that much from him saturday. even with an inconsistent, sieve of a line, he produces, and should bust a couple of explosive 25 + yarders.

rarely mentioned thusfar has been the emergence of cam johnson as a solid #2 wideout. I really like his game, effort, and potential for big play. if he can continue to snag 6-8 balls per game, it should relieve some pressure off lipscomb I would think.

I’m also a big fan of misdirection, reverses, etc. and don’t mind seeing Shelton-mosely ( sp?) with the ball in his hands as he seems fairly slippery at times.

r neal isn’t horribly agile, but does seem mobile enough to roll out and finally find pinkney dragging across the middle ? the big guy is due for a big game.

our defense clearly is a work in progress, but I’d do like some of what I’m seeing from daevion davis, e. mcallister, and save the two hand to face penalties, I think d moore is stepping up his game.

honestly I know nothing about ole miss this year, but expect to see the usual display of speed, and more speed. I hope we can continue improvement with pressuring the qb, disrupting, and not allowing rhythm and momentum to overwhelm us on the road.

obviously there’s nothing revelatory in my post, and hope some more knowledgeable posters can offer insight as to how they think we can win. ( again please don’t hijack thread and turn it into a coaching referendum)

btw, i like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.