ADVERTISEMENT

Football Administration Not Supporting Football

essaye

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2016
A lot of posts lately have focused on the topic of a lack of administration support for football (and it seems, a lesser extent basketball) as a major impediment to success.

What does everyone mean when they say the administration isn't adequately supporting football? This is a honest question.

Specifically I'd like to hear from Chris, or Justin, or someone official with actual knowledge.

And, let me say this question isn't meant to start a debate. I live in a different region of the country - and I honestly don't know what the administration is doing to make us less competitive - but I'd like to.

Compared to our peers (Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Wake) do we:
1. Have a smaller football recruiting and marketing budget?
2. Pay our coaches demonstrably less than other programs?
3. Have much tougher academic standards for recruits?
4. Have a much smaller athletics or football/basketball budget?

I'm sure one answer will be lack of upgrades to facilities - especially the stadium - but I kind of discount that because it's such a massive expense and no one has ever gone to the games - even when Franklin was winning. So, I can understand their hesitancy there, honestly.

But beyond that, I honestly don't know what they are doing and want to know before I write my next check to the NCC.

Additionally, I've read a lot about Zeppos putting football in the "penalty box" after the rape. What does that mean? Less money? Tougher academic standards for players?

Again, I don't know - and I'd like to know what, exactly, has changed to make it so that the administration has become, at least from what I've read here, the mean force holding Vandy football and basketball back.

Thanks.

Reactions: PhilipVU94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News