ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic Introducing our women's basketball beat writer: Alaina Morris

Joey Dwyer

Captain
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2022
We promised this summer that we'd have coverage like Vandy fans hadn't seen before, in my mind that included covering a sport that the site hasn't much in the past. I had one person in mind to do it the whole time, too.

Meet our new women's basketball beat writer Alaina Morris. Alaina is a close friend of mine and is also a sophomore sports media major at Lipscomb. This isn't just a friendship thing, either. Alaina has earned this. The first night we were on campus at college Alaina called a volleyball game and since then hasn't slowed down. She's done radio work covering Lipscomb men's and women's basketball, volleyball as well as men's and women's soccer. That parlayed itself into an opportunity to do some color commentary for ESPN + this schoolyear, an opportunity to do some work for Fansided covering the NFL and plenty of work with the student paper. Hoping this opportunity will be one that's worthwhile, as well.

Don't rule out her subbing in on some men's basketball as well when Billy or I can't make it (it would kill me to not make it :) )

Find her on the board @Alaina Morris and on Twitter @alainamarie40 (https://twitter.com/alainamarie40?lang=en)

Hope Alaina will be welcomed the way I was a year ago. We'll both be at Memorial tomorrow for the opener against Kennesaw State. Coverage will probably start with mostly just gamers and pressers but could rachet up with more interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News