ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Friday evening coaching update

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
This is how I see things as of 10:30 tonight.

- I think Dusty May (FAU) is their first choice. And I think that would be a hire beyond what anyone would have dreamed. But I think Michigan and Louisville are both targeting May and that's gonna be tough to beat those teams out.
- I'd watch Danny Sprinkle (Utah State) closely. They are playing TCU tonight in the NCAA tournament. He rebuilt his roster from scratch in Year 1, won the Mountain West and got an 8-seed. He's spent all his time out West/West Coast and perception is he can get the Washington job if he wants it.
- Mark Byington at James Madison is also on their list. JMU is 31-3 and probably going to upset Wisconsin tonight. I'd watch West Virginia for that one.
- I continue to hear Mitch Henderson's name come up (coach at Princeton).
- Not sure where they are with Kyle Smith (Washington State) or Darian DeVries (Drake) but I wouldn't rule those out.
- Feels like the Chris Mack ship has sailed or he's being slow-played. I'd lean more towards the former but it's a gut feeling based on some info and nothing I can prove.

There is a belief in some agent circles that money is a concern after what they're paying Stack to go away. But that also doesn't make much sense if you're targeting Dusty May, so I'm a little skeptical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News