You all got hosed

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by youngcat47, Jan 10, 2013.

1. youngcat47

youngcat47 Lieutenant, junior grade
    Expand Collapse

You all had a great comeback and I hate to win like that. The fact that they can't review that is bs. I'll take any win but something needs to be done about that. You all have some good young pieces and should be pretty good by the end of the year.

2. Throbbin_Hood

Throbbin_Hood Lieutenant
    Expand Collapse

You arent very intelligent. The shot clock hit 0 when he still had the ball, but if Vandy wasnt using 1950 shot clocks it would have had a decimal point on the clock, and that decimal point would have been .7 or .6 when the shot left his hand. Just because the clock read 0 doesnt mean its a violation.....they're still 9 tenths of a second left when the clock strikes 0.

3. vandystu

vandystu Admiral
    Expand Collapse

Lolol, nice try. Because there's no place for tenths of a second, it doesn't switch from 01 to 00 until it's 00.0.

4. ArmyWildcat81

ArmyWildcat81 Master
    Expand Collapse

If that makes you feel better. That opera hall....I mean "gym" must be the only one in college basketball that doesn't have the red lights on the backboard to help with these issues.

Those 1950's shot clocks are cute. They even confused the hell out of Bobby Knight.

Good luck in the CBI Tournament post season.

2012 NCAA Champions

5. VUBob

VUBob Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It must really scare you to know one of the worst Vandy teams in recent history is better than your collection of one and doners. Need the refs to screw up so you can win. Sorry this is all you've got.

This post was edited on 1/11 5:10 AM by VUBob

6. warrior-cat

warrior-cat Admiral
    Expand Collapse

I think you guys will find that a great deal of our fans feel that that was the wrong call. It does not mean we would have lost but, it would have probably sent the game into overtime and still given you guys a better chance to win than a last second 3 point attempt. In any case it was an ugly game but, your guys showed a lot of heart hanging in there. Props.

This post was edited on 1/11 5:59 AM by warrior-cat

7. force10jc

force10jc Admiral
    Expand Collapse

The shot clock for college basketball wasn't introduced until the 80's so not sure how they can be from the 50's and Knight is so old now he is probably confused by a lot more than just shot clocks. Congrats on your win over our worst team in a decade though. I highly doubt we go to any post-season tournaments this season.

8. youngcat47

youngcat47 Lieutenant, junior grade
    Expand Collapse

You don't understand how shot clocks work. I don't know any D1 teams that employ a shot clock that operates like you describe. We have looked awful on the road and I expect a better game at Rupp, but Vandy showed signs of progress. I doubt you all will see too much of it this season, but I could see Vandy being pretty good again next season.

9. kt4dores

kt4dores Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I rarely read this board anymore but...what the f$ck? Kentucky math?

10. blackandau

blackandau Master
    Expand Collapse

Throbbin Hood.....it is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.