ADVERTISEMENT

Football Yet Another Season of Football Futility

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
Year after year after year. Seems like a lifetime ago Lea was the dead right hire and "better than Heupal" and magically all of a sudden our first choice and seems like half a lifetime ago some people were so proud of this team for "only" losing 42-0 to Florida.

We are so far removed from being competive at football. This program reminds me of Northwestern in the '80s and '90s. You knew they were always going to be the least athletic team on the field every game.

I'm down to about 10% confidence Lea can get the job done. We'll end up last in recruiting in the SEC every year minus maybe 1-2 teams if they fore their coaches late season and have not sitting coach. He's boring and not great at strategy. A horrible combination.

My point is if we really want to win some in the conference we need to hire the right energized and gutsy play-calling coach right when the facilities come live. I really doubt Lea is that coach and I hope we don't stick with him for far too many years like we did with Mason, who brought us to where we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News