ADVERTISEMENT

Football Worst game I have ever seen by a Vandy bball team

jbgoldrush

Lieutenant
Aug 25, 2006
I'm not being critical of our players personally but offer my honest assessment of their performances tonight.

1. Lee - worst game I've ever seen him play. Asleep defensively; shot looks worse than last year. Evans was better than him (slightly) tonight, finally found a bit of his game when it was too late; when it mattered he was a no-show
2. Shittu - does he care? Loafs down the floor; wants to play guard, needs to post up within 5'-7' of the basket and try to establish a post presence for us, weak defensively, strong rebounder, needs to get serious
3. Ryan - he does care, just a spot up shooter but the best we have
4. Wetzell - needs to play, hustles and will only get better, should work on post moves because if he goes to the line he won't miss three in a row like Evans did tonight
5. Toye - a no-show when it mattered. Forget the shot fake, just shoot it when you have daylight
6. Evans - not bad for a guy playing point guard who is not a point guard; needs to finish around the rim, ridiculous to miss three foul shots in a row, we needed those points at that time in the game
7. Nesmith - keep shooting; he plays hard, plays good D and rebounds, just could not buy a shot tonight but he has to keep shooting, we know he's a good shooter and he can't let misses affect his confidence
8. Moyer - all sound and fury signifying nothing
9. Brown - plays within himself; good substitute, good defender
10. CBD - started the same lineup that got us behind ASU 9-0 with the same predictable slow start. That group can't score. Ryan and Nesmith have to be on the floor a lot. Evans may need to replace Lee if Lee continues his decline. Without improvement this group will lose to UT by 30.

I believe Lee, Evans, Ryan, Nesmith, and Wetzell are probably the best starting 5 we have. That gives us two penetrators and three shooters, four if you count Evans. If Shittu can get motivated maybe he should move back into the lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News