ADVERTISEMENT

Women's hoops

OakStreetDore

Lieutenant, junior grade
Jan 10, 2014
In the far shadows of last night's MBB victory, our women's team lost 70-58 to Auburn at home. Auburn had the worst record in the SEC, coming into Memorial last night with a 1-13 conference record and 10-17 overall record.

In the post-game presser, Balcomb calls the team "a mystery to her" and said "I have no idea what they're doing [out there]".

After the blow-out loss at South Carolina 2 weeks ago, Balcomb told the SC press how impressed she was that Steve Spurrier comes to the women's home games and by how much support the SC WBB program gets from their men's teams (implying that she lacks this type of support at Vanderbilt). She further went on in the presser to reiterate her tired excuse of how she can't recruit the same type of athlete to Vanderbilt and her 'whoa is me' lamentation of how hard it is "to coach and recruit at a school like Vanderbilt".

While I do not closely follow women's basketball, I am a fan and supporter of ALL Vanderbilt student athletes. The players and the University deserve so much more than a coach who never fails to point out that this is the best she can do because she coaches at Vanderbilt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News