ADVERTISEMENT

Why you should temper your expectations

Bighornsheep

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
Look, if you’ve read my posts which have been plenty, they’ve all been to make the case for VU to make the tourney. Now all these are based on VU going at least 4-1 down the stretch. And I’ve talked about the tough SEC schedule they’ve played and 3 of losses came without Robbins. Now I’ll take the other side.

Easy point is VUs computer numbers are just not good and even winning out they aren’t going to be good going into the SEC tourney.

While they have played a tough SEC schedule, they only have 1 win vs the top 6 SEC teams, the buzzer beater 1 pnt win vs TN. They’ve racked up the wins vs the bottom 6 or 7 teams. And this modest 4 game winning streak 2 of 4 was against bottom 3 teams.

Nothing really points to VU being able to win next 5 or 4 out of 5. Really good teams have trouble winning 9 in a row or even going 8-1 down the stretch. It’s hard to have really good games every game.

VU isn’t a very good defensive team (saying it mildly), so how will they pull out a game when they don’t shoot it well, which they more than likely will have at least a couple of games left where they don’t. Makes it even harder to go on long win streaks when you struggle to stop other teams. Even the 2nd half vs SC they couldn’t stop them. Was that due to large lead and they let down or did they just get somewhat lucky first half. I don’t know.

Anyways short story here is I’m having fun like the rest of you looking and analyzing. But odds are still very long that VU even puts themselves in position to be considered , and even if they do they won’t have the computer numbers. So they have a doubly long shot to have both fall their way (win enough and committe look past the computers).

Let’s see what happens with Auburn then we can talk more of VUs NCAA chances and what ifs or focus more on the NIT than the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News