ADVERTISEMENT

Who will eventually replace VCDW?

VandyFitz

Admiral
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2010
A poster on another board who seemed to know someone in McGugin said that Williams has been grooming former womens hoops player Candice Storey Lee for the AD position. From looking at her resume she's been working as an associate AD at McGugin pretty much since getting her Masters at Vandy over a decade ago. She directly oversaw womens hoops at Vandy since 2008. She was promoted to Senior Associate in 2014 and then AssocVC/Deputy AD a couple of months ago.

I can't say that I know a thing about her besides remembering her name from her time on the court playing for Foster, but I'm worried that a prospective AD has never worked anywhere besides McGugin. I could set aside any possibly misogynist worries that a young woman AD with a basketball background wouldn't be able or inclined to woo crotchety old male boosters for money to revamp the football stadium (which is my biggest interest). My real worry is that she's never worked anywhere where they've done it better than Vandy (and there are a lot of athletics programs out there from whom we could learn a lot). I just worry that this would be a passing of the torch with no expectation or push for real change and improvement.

This is certainly an instance where I would love for my fears to be misguided (Lord knows that I'm often misguided).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News