ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball What would you do?

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
Frieda,

Since our rational discussion got derailed by the nonsense between GeeMel and ClassOf..., I thought I would respond in a new thread.

So - what would I do? First, I’ll say my biggest issue is that CBD’s teams appear to be regressing and he has shown no real ability to adjust his approach or motivate his team and that is a huge red flag. I had a friend and fellow ardent fan, who I greatly respect, text me earlier in the season (before the wheels fell off), that he was gravely concerned that the team looked unprepared and indifferent. It didn’t concern me then, but it does now.

Anyway, I’m with Henry that the staff needs a shakeup and the Casey Shaw experiment needs to be terminated. I also think CBD needs to be made to feel vulnerable and uncomfortable probably for the first time in his coaching career - he needs a huge sense of urgency about the remainder of this year and next year.

Then, he needs to tell Saben and Aaron that it’s their team next year. They appear to be the most talented and motivated guys, so make them the leaders. Someone (other than Shaw) needs to get Obinna ready to play next year. Tell Disu to hit the weights and show up strong enough to handle an SEC season because he looks like he has a unique skill set that could really help next year.

I give him next year to see how he reacts/adjusts but a hot seat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News