ADVERTISEMENT

Football What I'm hearing (and watching for) on the AD search as of Wednesday

Chris Lee

Publisher
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
First, after a week of hearing nothing, a source this morning tells me there are rumors that Amy AD Boo Corrigan is back on the table. If you've been following along the past few weeks, I was told that Vanderbilt and Corrigan had been close a couple of weeks back, and that VU had pulled the plug on the deal about a week ago. (That's when Malcom Turner, the G League president, popped up in the search. I have heard nothing more since regarding Turner at VU.) I think Corrigan would be a solid hire and a good fit at Vanderbilt.

However, the two names I was always watching from the very beginning were UCF's Danny White and Oregon's Rob Mullens. Posters have hinted that a lot of what's been out there has been "misdirection," and one dropped White's name as a strong possibility. I don't pretend to know the truth, especially with leaks generally coming outside VU. Whatever information we get generally comes from someone with a motivation, somewhere. It could be an agent trying to get more money for his client, it could be Vanderbilt trying to shift focus away from what's really going on, it could be other reasons entirely. These things are super sensitive and sometimes a candidate needs to pursue an opportunity under the radar without his name ever being dropped. I had also heard from the beginning that Vanderbilt very much wanted secrecy throughout the process.

So anyway, know that truth is sometimes awfully difficult to determine until the very end. If you react in the moment or hastily draw sweeping conclusions, you can look like a fool. But I wanted you to know what I was hearing today, and what I'll be monitoring going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News