ADVERTISEMENT

What are your thoughts on the upcoming game with Lipscomb?

papahick4VU

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
Wanted to see what you thought about the matchup with Lipscomb, and throw out a few questions to try and stimulate some discussion on the actual game and tournament.

1. Does Fulmer go in game 1? I would certainly assume that he would; I would think you want to give yourself the best option to win against an opponent that has already shown it can defeat you in a game earlier in the season. I know CTC has not committed to a starter as of yet, though.

2. Do you stick with Murfee at second base? Obviously, he is potentially a bigger threat at the plate, but certainly wasn't overwhelming in the SEC tournament (2-13, 2 rbis). Campbell was 0-3 in the tournament. While Murfee is a solid second baseman, Campbell is still better in the field than Murfee.

3. Under the assumption that Pfeifer remains the Saturday starter, and Buehler the Sunday starter, who do you go with if you have to go to 4th game? Seems at this point it would be down to Kilichowski, Wright, and possibly Sheffield. Of course, if you end up having to use one or more of these guys in relief for an extended number of innings in previous regional games, that would certainly impact the choice. However, if all 3 are available and ready to go for a final, winner-take-all game in the region, who is your man?

4. If you were Lipscomb's coach Forehand, who would you toss against Vanderbilt Friday night? Do you go with the guy who had such success in silencing the VU bats the first time around (Puckett), or do you throw your #1 pitcher statistically (Martinez-McGraw)?

I look forward to hearing various thoughts on these questions, and any other related questions/points that you have in regards to what happens on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News