ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the News Channel 2 Story concerning the VU AD's position this afternoon

papahick4VU

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
I thought Chris came across very well (what a handsome guy), and was very diplomatic, while also being fair in his assessment that there was plenty of fault on both sides.

The reporter commented on how it was hard to believe that VU had parted ways with Malcolm Turner after approximately 1 year.

The reporter ended the story with the following statement (it's not verbatim, but I believe it's fairly accurate): "Almost lost in all of this is that it is a historic day for Vanderbilt and the SEC, as Vanderbilt has hired it's first African American female to serve as Athletic Director, which is also a first in the SEC."

I could easily be taking this the wrong way, but the way this was put across basically ignored the obviously dysfunctional situation that is Vanderbilt athletics, and instead focused on the historic hiring of the school's, and the league's, first minority, female athletic director. I just believe the report misses the much bigger story, in order to make something else it's main focus.

I hope Candice Storey Lee is a huge success as Vanderbilt's A.D. I hope she is able to break through the ineptness and arrogance that envelops Vanderbilt's leadership as it relates to athletics. I hope she is able to lay the foundation for a new, successful era at Vanderbilt. Yet if the arrogance and the buffoonery of those in charge does not change, and I don't see how it will change if they remain in their positions, then Vanderbilt athletics has no chance to recover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News