ADVERTISEMENT

VandyBoys walk-up music

VandyJunior2

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
Each season baseball fans anxiously await the revelation of the new walk-up music for guys as they come to the plate. Even the last guy on the bench who likely will never bat has to pick one so the PA people can be prepared. (Those PA people sure do love their LOUD music.)

I've often wondered if college pitchers have walk-up music. You sometimes see a pitcher used as a pinch runner, but hitter? Well, I do remember Jack Armstrong's single to right to win a game back years ago, but otherwise I can't recall any other pitcher being a hitter. And speaking of pitcher's as pinch runners, who can forget Sonny Gray's walk-off winning slide into home on a wild pitch?

But I digress. In any event, do the pitchers also have to pick some music "just in case" they come to the plate?
I don't know the answer (I think I'll ask one of the guys at the Banquet tomorrow night) but, if they do, here's my choices for our pitchers.
Disclaimer: I don't "know" more modern music, certainly not the names of songs and rarely the artist, so we're doing "old school", you know, back in the days when music was still good. [assumed my Grumpy Old Man persona for that last phrase]

Kumar -- this is an easy one, "We Will Rock You" by Queen

Mason -- "Nashville Cats" by Lovin' Spoonful (I've heard he likes Mountain Dew and can pick a mean guitar)

Jake -- a Florida guy with an attitude on the mound, so let's go with "Don't Bug Me" by Jimmy Buffett (from the movie Arachnophobia "eight legs, two fangs, and an attitude")

Jack -- he's a Jersey boy so it HAS to be Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days"

Tyler -- my all-time favorite closer's music, "Wild Thing" by The Troggs

Ethan -- "Ring of Fire" by the Man in Black; I think Ethan and Johnny would have been good friends

You're more than welcome to disagree with my picks, as difficult as that will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News