ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread VandyBoys vs. The Trees: Can they fell them?

VandyJunior2

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
Before someone accuses me of making fun of the Indiana State Sycamores by calling them "The Trees" (and you know someone on here will) I must explain that they call themselves that. I'm not sure why they chose to do that, perhaps they think "Trees" sounds more fearsome than '"Sycamores" but I have news for them, neither one scares me. Of course, in Nashville these days, you can get quite a reaction from people when you start talking about trees, especially cherry trees, but I'm doubtful it bothers VandyBoys fans all that much, especially those who daily call for Stephanie White to be fired because she's a SJW.

The Trees are doing quite well this year actually, despite the NFL coming to town next week. They are 27-7 overall with an RPI of 53. This would put them 13th in the SEC, just above South Carolina. We have 1 common opponent -- Austin Peay -- against whom they went 2-0 while we went 0-1. They have quite a few good wins over Big10 teams -- 2 over Purdue, Illinois, and Michigan -- but to be quite honest that's not saying much as the Big10 is generally bad at baseball. Also, they lost 2/3 to Michigan St and they are horrible.

Indiana State is on par with Evansville, a team Vandy managed to beat 5-4 back in February. Which is to say, they could give us a good game and we best take them seriously. Which I think we will, otherwise we might have to fire our coach .... again. Since we just fired him on Sunday it'd be really bad to fire him again the very next game. Because then we'd have to go to Alabama with an interim coach and that just won't do.

Well, that's all I have for you on The Trees. I have to run now because the first 200 fans at the game today get a VandyBoys car flag and I'm going to camp out at the entrance to The Hawk to make sure I get one. If I can avoid being arrested by the Vanderbilt Police for "loitering" I think my plan will work. If not, maybe someone can come bail me out of Vanderbilt Jail, wherever that may be, by game time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News