ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread VandyBoys vs. A&M, game 2, Saturday

VandyJunior2

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
Big win for the Dores last night. Didn't play their best game but found a way to win with contributions from everybody up and down the lineup, a good recovery by Drake Fellows after a shaky start, and Mariano Rivero-ish closer work by Tyler Brown.

Friday nights in the SEC are going to be tough this year. Last night there were 3 shutouts
-- Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss
two more only yielded 1 run
-- Alabama, Georgia
two more only yielded 2 runs
-- Tennessee, Missouri
and even in the games with the most runs (11 between the 2 teams) you had an early pitching duel in Gainesville and Fellows only allowed 1 run and 1 hit until late.

I'd like to thank Sir Reginald Thurston Howell the VII for filling in last night. I didn't understand everything he said but I was able to get the gist of it. Notice that Reginald never told you he was a Sir. That's how humble the British people are. Heck, we even stomped their arses back in the Revolutionary War and they still don't hold it against us (other than once burning down the White House, but hey, let's let bygones be bygones.) Reginald is a distant cousin of mine and grew up in the London slums, much like I grew up in the slums of South Nashville. Yet he still turned out to be a Sir, a designation I'm still working on so I, too, can requisition the Queen with my bribe like he did. Being Queen ain't cheap, you know, what with all those good-for-nothing relatives she has.

Being a Sir in England means much more than it does here. In America, all you have to do to be a Sir is to be born male. In England the friggin' Queen has to dub you a Sir or it means nothing! That's quite a feat for Reginald and puts him right up their with Paul McCartney and Elton John.

Game 2 today in College Station pits each team's top pitcher (in terms of stats) with Patrick Raby facing Asa Lacy. Asa Lacy is quite a name, sort of sounds like Loosey Goosey, or Roly Poly as it rolls off the tongue. Asa is rather goofy looking
Lacy_Asa_AM_BASE__302.jpg
but he's got some great stats: 4 starts, 4-0 record, 0.38 ERA, .118 BAA, 1.5 K's per inning, only 9 total hits, all singles. His one weakness is he's hit 7 batters, 1 every 3 innings. He's a lefty as well and some of our guys struggle with that.

Raby's stats are equally good, however. 4 starts, 3-0 record, 0.87 ERA, .171 BAA, 1 K per inning, only 12 hits total and all singles. His only trouble this year has been walks so we'll need to be on guard for that.

Vandy showed last night that our offense is probably the best in the league overall and that definitely gives us an edge over A&M which is not near as potent. Vandy also fumbled the ball around yesterday and made some very poor base-running decisions. Need to tighten up on that for sure.

It'd be nice to win this and lock down a series win without having to be concerned about who our starter will be tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News