ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread VandyBoys vs. A&M, game 1

VandyJunior2

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
Evening mates, this is Reginald Thurston Howell VII from jolly old England. There's no engrossing cricket match today so I'm following the baseball game in College Station. Although quite fit, those lads can be quite dodgy with their wickets and what not and you'd be daft not to appreciate what a great sport cricket is. I do feel quite capable, however, of presenting the baseball game as my uncle was the 4th Vicar of Doxley, my grandfather was the Earl of Havisham's #1 footman, and my half-brother once had dinner at Downton Abbey. I'm also told that I'm distantly related to King Henry VIII but, then again, what self-respecting Brit isn't? And, although not related, I did once see Queen Elizabeth II on the telly and I was quite chuffed to do so.

I find College Station a quaint little shire, somewhat reminiscent of the Wild, Wild, West with most everybody walking down the street packing a six shooter on their hip, a cowboy hat on their head, and jangling cowboy books. Most appear to be, however, on the pull if you know what I mean. Of course, what you call a college we call a university in England, as we send our children to college when they are still in what you blokes here in the states call high school. Just one of many ways we are superior, of course, but never mind that, I'm all for you yanks in any other manner as you tend to make the best movies. We, of course, make better music and television so I'm calling that all even.

Should be a dandy game today. Your Commodores are quite the offensive team and I mean that in the best way possible Your lads are #8 in the country in runs scored per game, #5 in hits per game, and #9 in winning run margin. You lead the SEC in all of those as well. You've scored the 10th most runs in a game, 24, and second most runs in an inning, 13. You're #5 in both most runs scored as well as most hits and you have the best record against the best teams, 4-0, topped only by Arizona State at 5-0. Lofty numbers that I find quite favourable. You're hitters are quite the juggernaut and appear to be on it like a car bonnet.

On the other side, however, A&M pitching has also been stellar. They are 9th best in least runs allowed per game and 10th best in least hits allowed. It appears an immovable object is meeting an irresistible force in tonight's game and only Isaac Newton, a Brit I might add, can fully conceive of this.

All in all, I'd be gobsmacked if this turns out to be nothing less than a dandy game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News