ADVERTISEMENT

VandyBoys take the day off

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
As per usual, the guys get Monday off which is actually good as I think they all need a rest. I know I do after this past weekend. In retrospect, it looks every worse -- 2 extra inning loses, very little to cheer about, schooled by a nobody team (although I actually think they are pretty good.)

In fact, I'd consider letting Jeren sit another day and let someone else start on Tuesday against SE LA and have him spend extra time in the film room dissecting his swing of late vs last year. Then, let him work in the batting cages on Tuesday during the game.

Other things I'd consider as a means of shaking things up:
1. try Zo at short, Ethan at 2nd (or the other way around)
2. try someone else in LF and let Ro DH
3. try something different from the bullpen -- Rupp is not getting the job done, especially as a closer. In that regard, I'd let EVERYBODY pitch at least once on Tue/Wed (other than Wright/Raby/Fellows)
4. make everybody run laps while carrying a 50 pound backpack (this is similar to what they do in Boot Camp)
5. hire a shrink to work with Jeren
6. see if Travis Jewitt wants to come back
7. resurrect Chance the Beaver
8. lower concession stand prices (they are bigger gougers than Exxon)

Well, that exhausts my thoughts on how to shake the guys up. Of course, it's a long season and maybe I do nothing.

Now on to SE Louisiana. These guys are no slouches. They just took a series AT Rice this past weekend. They are 4-2 with their other wins being over Hostra and Tulane. They lost to Murray State and 1 game to Rice. As a team they hit .246 (not spectacular) and a team ERA of 5.65, yielding 5.3 runs per game.

We obviously slid down in the polls this week but not as far as I suspected; still in the top 20 for most. I thought for sure we'd be lower than 20. UIC is not that bad of a team but we coulda/shoulda/woulda swept them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News