Nashvegas69

Commodore
Jan 11, 2014
I understand the following...

- its early
- Corb's is a great coach and Champion
- Corb's is even a better person
- Team is highly ranked recruiting wise

Now that we have that out of the way...I am concerned whether this team will get a whole lot better or not. The team will improve no doubt but others will as well. We are not overly "young" - all the top teams are. We are not dominant in any phase. We no longer have speed to burn and do not play well fundamentally. I truly fear this is still a team in hangover mode from dealing with #41.

I mean nothing ill about that comment, just looking for a reason. Sports are tough, focused, nasty at times and take no prisoners. The last 9 mos has been about love, family, priorities, etc. I dont have an answer to the problems, but I am not ready to dismiss them as "its baseball" "long season" "May is what maters" . They are about to dig themselves a hole they can not get out of.

On a side note. I want Vandy baseball and Vandy baseball fans to have the expectations of Alabama football. Yes, its much harder and not the same as winning the grand prize in football, but the level of play, the consistency, the intimidation, the talent. Being 4-5th best in SEC is still very very good I know, but I expect #1 - battling either FLA, LSU or USC for one of the top spots. Thats the goal. Same in recruiting and lets focus on who makes it to campus as far as our recruiting rankings, not just those who put out the 2019 stats and make us all feel great.

Dont mean for this to be a Debbie Downer post, but I sense with a lot of folks baseball rides on that National Championship / CWSx2 when looking to the present or future performance instead of celebrating it in the past.

I think this team has every reason to excel with Wright and Raby helped by a whole host of young arms. Kendal, Toffey, Infante, Bleday, should make things happen and experience in big important games from Delay and Ro. Lets get it going boys. Play smarter, Play with more confidence and Just win baby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News