ADVERTISEMENT

#VandyBoys - A&M Munchkins, game 2 in SECT, game 5 for the year

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
We've now played A&M 4 times, winning 2, losing 2. Vandy leads in total runs scored, 6-5 in the series, 6-5 in the SECT, for a total of 12-10. Today is the rubber match in that head-to-head war.

Vandy sends arguably our best pitcher Kyle "I Hope He's Right Today" Wright, 8-3, vs. Kyle "No HIt" Simonds, 8-3. Both pitchers shut out the other team in their only appearance, Simonds being a no-no and only 1 error away from being a perfect game.
Wright pitched 7 inning, gave up only 3 hits, and struck out 6. Snider and Bowden closed it out and Bowden gave up a run in the ninth to lose the shut-out.

Key question for Vandy -- who plays left field? I suspect everything else will be just like yesterday's line-up except Ellison will likely catch. Our line-up against Simonds last time was:
Kendall
Toffey
Reynolds
Infante
Jones
Rogers
Ellison
Campbell
Kaiser

If you also recall we did a lot of 1st pitch swinging that day, something even Simonds couldn't believe. I look for a vastly different approach today. I also note that our line-up is much different than it was then, both in composition and batting order. As you see, Rogers started that day in left, so I'm guessing he will not start today. Campbell's bat has been replaced by Paul's bat. Toffey is beginning to hit again. Kaiser is hitting much better than then. Reynolds is on a hot streak in Hoover. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Texas A&M has zero pressure on them as they have a National Seed locked up, they are only playing for pride and positioning, which is totally different than pride and prejudice. Vandy has a lot to play for. We'll see if that makes any difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News