Vandy Women's Swimming

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by KyDore, Aug 14, 2015.

1. KyDore

KyDore Lieutendant Commander
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

A message from my daughter (member of the swim team):

Hey y'all,
    This year I will be a sophomore on the swim team and we have been planning Service Saturdays. Each month will be dedicated to an organization and one of our Saturdays after practice will be spent volunteering with them. The first one we have planned is in November: Relay For Life at Vanderbilt. I have created my donation page here: http://m.relay.acsevents.org/site/T...rc=boundlessfundraising&s_subsrc=bfDskFbPfMsg. This organization is important to me because my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. That being said, she has been cancer free 10 years--praise God! But, we all know people who are affected by cancer whether directly or indirectly and this devastating disease is far too prevalent in our world today. Fortunately, the American Cancer Society works every day to do research, striving to find cures for each and every cancer that plagues us and our loved ones. Donating even one dollar would be a great victory to me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Comment if you have questions.
    KH

1 KyDore, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    TommyDore likes this.
  2. TommyDore

TommyDore Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Bless you and your Mom is in my evening meditations/vespers

3. TommyDore

TommyDore Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

FWIW the American Cancer Society is on our list (as well as Hospice) of supported programs. May you find peace in this situation. It's hard believe me I've been through it twice with parents.