ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy-Georgia, game 2: All is Wright With The World, We Hope

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
Vandy cruised last night and kicked the Dawgs all over the field. ASPCA officials were on hand to make sure nothing illegal was going on while they did so and, at last report, everything was okay in that regard although I am worried about what the Georgia coach said or did to the their rightfielder after the game.

Things I learned last night:
1. Raby is a far better pitcher when he's not trying to strike everybody out like he used to. Throw strikes, stay ahead in the count, move the ball in/out/up/down on the plate, and he does much better.
2. Infante has "Light Tower Power" according to Ben McDonald and I just hope it's a night game at The Hawk when he pulls a Roy Hobbs. It'll be an electrifying display, no doubt.
3. When my offer to buy the Yankees goes through, remind me NOT to put ATL14 in charge of scouting.
4. Non-baseball things I learned were:
a) stop drinking diet soda, it triples your chances of dementia and stroke, and,
b) yes, property values in Nashville have increased just like they always do, but, the tax rate will be adjusted down to reflect this. Most people's assessment won't change much in the end. The news media is hyping this for some unknown reason ... actually, I do know the reason, but I'm not telling and you'll have to figure it out for yourself.
5. Frieda's friend Taylor is a good baseball announcer.

Now back to baseball. The Dores RPI went up 3 spots after last night's action to #21. This is odd given who we were playing but not so odd when you find out that SE Louisiana, who Vandy beat twice, has risen to the Top 50. Vandy is now 11-9 vs. Top 50 teams, better than all but 11 other teams. As we go forward, it's important for UT to somehow stay in the Top 50 (current #48) and for Missouri to slide up (currently #53.) There's no hope for Georgia or Alabama in this regard. RPI is a fickle thing and, surprise, surprise, we may just end up in the top 15 before all is said and done.

In other SEC action, SC beat FL to even their series and LSU did the same with Kentucky. Pull for FL and LSU in game 3 of those series in order to help Vandy. I know this is an odd request as virtually all of us despite both FL and LSU with all our heart, but sometimes we have to take one for the team. Mississippi State swept Alabama and is now all along atop the SEC and will likely remain there by the end of the weekend.

Due to the close bunching of teams in the SEC, if the season ended today, the SEC might get only 1 national seed and perhaps host only 3 regionals. I expect that to change by this time next month in the SEC's favor. This is what happens when you have "parity" within the best conference in the country.

Game 2 today has Kyle Wright going for Vandy and Chase Adkins for Georgia. It is not being televised so you'll have to either listen to Joe on the radio or follow on Gametracker. Game 3 will be on SEC Network+.

Finally, it is only 6 days, 9 hours, and 20 minutes until the first pitch of the UT series at The Hawk. This information is courtesy of vucommodores.com. Everyone come out and wish Dave Serrano a bon voyage in what is shaping up to be his last visit to Hawkins Field before he heads back to California where he belongs. Personally, I'm really going to miss him, he's such an easy target.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News