ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy-Clemson, Championship Game

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
First, let's go to Lisa for the 4Warn Weather report:
Showers likely on and off all day. Thunderstorms likely mainly in the evening. Lows is the mid 60's. West winds 4-10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Hourly chances of rain:
3 pm ... 0 %
4 pm ... 30%
5 pm ... 30%
6 pm ... 20%
7 pm ... 50%
8 pm ... 80%
I'm Lisa and I remind you that weather forecasters are seldom better than any ordinary person just looking out the window and doing their own prediction. But, hey, it's a job and a well-paid one at that.

Next, let's revisit many earlier threads and posts this season which loosely could be grouped under the heading of "Powers of Positive and Negative Thinking." We now bring in Dale Carnegie.
Many doubted the team would even make the NCAAT this year, calling this the worst team Corbin's ever had. Jeren Kendall was called the "Strikeout King" who likely wouldn't ever play MLB. Kyle Wright was called "over-rated" and a big disappointment. Ro Coleman was bashed up one side and down the other. Despite all this negativity, some posters remained positive and looked for the good in what was happening and kept faith in Tim Corbin's ability to "turn it all around."
Now we find ourselves playing for a Regional championship and the opportunity to go to a Super Regional. Kyle Wright is now widely thought to be the #1 draft pick, or at least in the top 3. Jeren Kendall is back in the list of top 10 draft picks. The Dores have awoken offensively, raising the team batting average about 40 points in the last month. Will Toffey is on fire with his bat. Patrick Raby has grown stronger and become a smarter pitcher.

As we approach what could be the final game of the season I think it's important to look back in hindsight and realize that thinking positively in March about how things 'could' turn out in May/June was a far better approach than wallowing in criticism of the team, players, and coaches endlessly as the season wore on.

Go Dores! Let's win this game for Donny!
8645.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News