ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy-Bama, game 3

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
Drake Fellows to start for Vandy.

I wonder if this is one of those "everybody pitches an inning or 2 day" or if Corbs tries to go as far as possible with Fellows and save everyone else for the SECT.

Were it me, I'd pitch everybody a little bit. We then have 2 off days before Hoover. That leaves Corbs with full options for Tuesday. I read somewhere, for example, that Missouri is saving Tanner Houk for the first game. Houk has always pitched well against us (and most everybody else for that matter.) If Mizzou is our first opponent Corbs needs all the flexibility he can get.

If the first game is anyone but Mizzou (the other possibilities are GA, SC, OM, AUB) then we'll face, at best, their #4 starter.

In order to be paired with Mizzou, the following would need to happen today:
1. If Vandy wins they will be either the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed and could play either the 9th, 10th, or 11th seed.
2. If Vandy loses they will be the 8th seed and play the 9th seed.
3. If Mizzou and OM both win, OM wins the tie-breaker, and Mizzou is the 10th seed and OM is the 9th seed.
4. If Mizzou wins and OM loses, Mizzou is the 9th seed.
5. If SC wins and Mizzou and OM lose there would be a 3-way tie better them for #9. I'm too lazy to check and see who wins that tie-breaker.

Bottom line, win or lose, our opponent in game 1 is a toss-up between: Mizzou, SC, OM, GA, and Auburn.

Reactions: HMHS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News