ADVERTISEMENT

Football Vanderbilt football finally for the first time in 75 years has an (relatively) even playing field

vuperior

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2003
We are no longer going to let guys take up scholarships and milk the degree for 4 years. If they are not contributing they will be pushed out and replaced. We no longer will sit around and watch virtually every other school pay players and break the rules. We will now pay players above board like everyone else. We will mix and match players, plug holes, transfers galore, immediate eligibility. These are seismic changes. Yes we still have academic restrictions but it’s obvious we are more flexible. Throw in the Tennessee state proposal to allow Universities pay players direct and you can see Vanderbilt can really ascend to a level we haven’t seen in 75 years. Finish with some major facilities projects….It really is an unthinkable and unimaginable scenario even a couple of years ago.

There’s a funny late 1970s photo of Howard Cosell flanked by Bruce Jenner and OJ Simpson on a broadcast and the caption reads “I am Howard Cosell. I come from the future. You would not believe me if I told you what happened to these two.” Who would have believed what has happened to the potential of Vanderbilt football a mere 2 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News