ADVERTISEMENT

Football Trip to ND

Davesbro

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2018
Made the trip yesterday. I thought we had really good support there and saw a ton of Vandy fans. Hard to put a number on how many we had there, but there were more than I expected. Was in the corner of the end zone in the visitor’s section. Probably ten rows up. Here’s my take: D bent a lot, but didn’t break. I still worry about stopping the run. Did a better job in the second half. I JW played a solid game, Yes he made some decent plays on their top receiver, but he was far from his normal best effort. Tackling needs to improve. Zaire played well, but he could have had two pics. Got to at least make one of them. Target did a good job. No turnovers though....I think we didn’t get pressure On the QB. we sat back and tried to hem in their QB, which we did for the most part. On O, I wished we stared throwing sooner. Would also like to throw more on 1st down. We did more of that in the 2nd half, but it took us a while to get going in the first half. OL did a great job of giving 14 time. Shurmur played a fantastic game. So did Lipscomb and Pinkney. Ludwig called a great second half. I was a little frustrated with itin the first half. He put DT in a perfect position for a Td and it was dropped. The fumble in the end zone was another let down. Our FG try that we missed looked awful from where we sat. With giving the ball away, getting no turnovers, fumbling in the end zone, and dropping a TD, we still had a chance there at the place was quiet in the second half. We needed another five minutes. Credit to CDM. No moral victories, but we were there with a chance at the end. I know a lot of you don’t like those type of games, but getting on tv against a notable team and doing well gets us further than a win verse TSU or TTU. This has to help more with recruits that we play meaningful games. My .02. Last but not least, the refs were absolutely terrible. Awful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News