ADVERTISEMENT

Football Timing of Williams Resignation

VU65

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
Chris has talked about the timing of the David Williams resignation which is difficult to understand. I am guessing from some of the comments that it has some relationship to the university wide capital campaign which should be announced in the fall. The university held its last capital campaign over ten years ago and the amount raised was well over one billion dollars. When a capital campaign is announced the university must have a minimum of 50% of the funds committed. I imagine this campaign will be at least two billion dollars or more. When they announce a campaign, they define what each unit will use their share of the funds to improve their part of the university. The athletic program is one of the units. Rumors have been discussed that the basketball and tennis are getting some significant facilities improvements but no details have been released. I believe these improvements will be part of this overall campaign and some significant facility improvements for football. However, we will not know the details until the campaign is announced. When will the campaign be announced? I will guess it will be announced during the homecoming weekend in mid October. I don’t have any inside information but my guess is based on a series of comments from a lot of different sources. Let’s hope we are pleased with the plans for improvement of the athletic program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News