ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts about WKU

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
So, as has been stated on several threads, for whatever reason WKU has become a bit of a media darling causing many in the media, as well as bettors, to pick WKU to beat Vandy this week. That got me to thinking about what the realistic expectations should be regarding WKU. My real question is - is WKU more like Boise State from 7-8 years ago (i.e. a non-Power 5 program on the cusp of being a consistent national contender) or Nevada from the about the same time (i.e. a non-Power 5 program that smelled some success due to a creative offensive-minded coach, but faded back into relative obscurity pretty quickly)?

My take is that WKU is more like Nevada. I think had Petrino stayed (yeah, I know, hahahahahah!!), they could have been more like Boise State. But, I think the further they get away from Petrino, the more they will fall back. I am also not sold on Brohm quite yet as his success to date is tied to Petrino. Based on that logic, I think WKU underachieves vs the current expectations and Vandy gets a big win on Thursday.

Thoughts?

Reactions: WoodyVU66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News