ADVERTISEMENT

This states much of the reality of Vanderbilt's situation in football

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004

Start listening at the 25-minute mark, where they start talking about Mark Stoops and his comments this weekend. If you didn't hear about this, Stoops basically came out after the Georgia game and said that they're going to have to get to Georgia's NIL level.

Now keep in mind, Vanderbilt just lost Ray Davis to Kentucky, and my guess is Kentucky has at least 10, probably 20 times, the NIL support that Vandy has.

Mike Gundy came out this week with similar comments: https://www.outkick.com/oklahoma-state-mike-gundy-nil-cowboys/

One of the interesting comments in this is that "NIL has always been around, legalizing it just made the prices go way up."

We can talk about all the other stuff (and for the record, I think the coaching this year has been bad and they're going to need to make some changes, and that's no excuse for that) but none of that is going to matter until this gets addressed. Even if everything had gone well for them with health and coaching, it was going to be a 5-or-6-win ceiling.

And I don't see anyone at Vanderbilt currently addressing NIL in a meaningful matter.

Also, if you want a good laugh, check in at the 15-minute mark where Neal McCready talks about investigative work on the Mike Price case and having to expense trips to strip clubs.

Finally, a plug for that show, the McCready & Siskey podcast is nothing like any college football podcast I've heard and you get some real insight on how college football really works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News