ADVERTISEMENT

There’s something bigger at play..

9seroduv

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
These are going to be random thoughts but stay with me..

I posted a few weeks ago that Turner or specifically his agent has floated his name out there for some some positions in corporate world. I’m telling you I know for a fact that this is the case.

As I’ve posted for nearly a year, Vanderbilt couldn’t have screwed up the AD hire any worse, even had their intention been to screw it up. Now the folks at VU aren’t dumb...the contrary. They are however ignorant as hell. And keep in mind the position he holds isn’t a traditional AD role. It’s Vice Chancellor of something or the other and they wanted Turner to occupy a larger role within the University than what a normal AD does.

Vanderbilt knew they didn’t get the best Athletics administrator available. That’s not what they were gunning for. I’d say that they also didn’t get the best fundraiser out there either...not what they were gunning for.

My thought...there’s something much larger at play. I’d bet someone a 6 pack that they’ll spend a nominal amount of money towards facilities(compared to VUs peers), package it up as some sort of new wave Student Life BS and start the transition to deemphasizing football. My bet is they’re having discussions with the SEC now about staying as a non-football member.

As ignorant as Turner is to this game...he cant be so dim that he didn’t know that this decision will absolutely wreck that program.

Sorry for the rambling on my phone. I’m just absolutely convinced this isn’t business as usual.

Reactions: vubrave11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News