ADVERTISEMENT

The Turner hire

9seroduv

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
A few thoughts on this whole thing. I believe the word I used was “mortified” when this hire was announced. Mortified because it was crystal clear that Vanderbilt has just hired an individual that was extraordinarily ill equipped to handle the position.

The most important thing any principal in an organization does is attract and retain top talent. The last time Vanderbilt had a real honest to god AD, Todd Tuner, he attracted Tim Corbin, Kevin Stallings and Bobby Johnson. Not bad for Vanderbilt or hell any Power 5 program.

There are a lot very intelligent people on this board. I think for anyone not to have seen this was going to end very poorly, those people were just simply “hoping” and not relying on common sense. This thing never had a chance. And if everyone is honest with themselves from jump you knew the same.

Then Vanderbilt doubled down on stupid with the Stackhouse hire. This one was so bizarre and outside the bounds of common sense, but exactly what one would expect from an AD outside his depth.

The Turner rumblings...those have been around for some time. I heard about it as early as I believe last August or September. He put those out there purposely for a myriad of reasons. Not going to say much more than that. It was clear he was never all in from the get go. Teleconference announcement, starting several weeks late, etc.

Back to Stackhouse, the lack of crooting ability/desire has been out there since dang near day 1. The next AD is going to have a mess to fix in that program because I’m hearing there’s some other details falling through the cracks. I can tell you he sucks almost as bad as Turner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News