ADVERTISEMENT

The trajectory of MBB

Vandygal78

Commodore
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
Virginia
There are a lot of individual threads about the multiple awards to MBB players and the Coach. And of course, tons of threads about the NCAA Bubble situation. I wanted to try and pull it all together. Seems like something big and fundamentally program changing is happening. Even the folks running the MBB Twitter account have been on top of their game for the past several weeks.

This HAS to help with the 12 NCAA selection committee members. I wonder if the COY vote was a signal from SEC to NCAA.

This HAS to dramatically improve our recruiting. We should be getting looks from higher ranked players now. Hope all the recruiting materials have the photos of the new BB practice facilities. Hope ADCSL is going to put big $$ for recruiting. Do we have good recruiting staff? Can there be carryover to WBB recruiting too? This is the time for AD to put the pedal to the metal so to speak. This kind of energy doesn’t happen that often. When was the last time? Sweet 16 in late 1980s? ‘Sell’ Memorial Magic. ‘Sell’ our record against top10 teams. And for heavens sake, ‘sell’ Stack: show some of his signature college and NBA stuff. Show clips of his X and O stuff that all the talking heads are saying.

Thrilled for the team to be getting this great press. Robbins ans Wright: what a way to finish! Stack- can’t say enough about he has shown me. ( I wasn’t sure he was emotionally invested in VU - although was always impressed with his tailgating) I think he has embraced VU and it is now reciprocated. MBB has been on the back burner for me for a while now but this could be special.

Note: even if we don’t get to NCAA, we need to be crazy wonderful fans in the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News