ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball The TPC13 Hot Board

thepeopleschampion13

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2006
First, let me say that I understand the firing but I hope the people on this board understand we are likely to experience 2-3 years of building, especially if Nesmith and the recruits all bail like I expect.

With that said, here are the guys I target, and I will put them tiers (preface it with I don't expect we will get any of the guys in tier 1, but you have to try):

Tier 1 -

1.) Thad Matta -If his health permits, he's the clear #1 target for me. He's a great all around coach and would instantly give credibility on a national scale.

2.) Gregg Marshall - I know we've been down this rabbit hole once before, but I think Malcolm Turner at least needs to explore this possibility again.

3.) Steve Wojo - Go ahead and get your laugh out of the way, but I think he's a perfect fit and would return Vandy to the style of shooting the 3 ball and playing great offense. HIs teams are fun to watch but seem to fizzle late in seasons/tournaments (we were used to that with CKS). Would he leave Marquette? I'm not sure, but the coverage in the SEC is far superior to the Big East.

Tier 2 -

1.) Wes Miller (UNC Greensboro) - (140-116) - His last three years have been great as he turned that program around. He's young and very much a gamble like CBD. He will be a target of other programs searching as well.

2.) Casey Alexander (Lipscomb) (129-116) - He's the local guy that has restored the Lipscomb basketball program. Of course, the element of him being a UT fan is concerning but he learned from Rick Byrd and he's a fantastic coach. Recruiting would be my big concern with Casey. He's at a perfect time to jump with his best players all graduating.

3.) Nate Oats (Buffalo) - (83-42) - The negative here is many people credit Bobby Hurley for building that program to where it is now. He's also relied heavily on JUCOs and transfers. I'm not sure that is the recipe in Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News