ADVERTISEMENT

The strengths of this 2016 FB class overall are??

doctordore

Admiral
Dec 11, 2006
When I look at this class as a whole, a few things really jump out as strengths for this group:

1) Length! I like our tall tackles and our long linebackers. But I REALLY like JJW and Hamilton at corner. They not only have tremendous length to compete with some of these SEC freakish WRs, but seem to have the agility and ball skills to overwhelm some of them.

2) Aggressiveness! Jones has the most aggressive defensive film that I can remember seeing. Kopp is the most aggressive OLineman I can remember, too. But some of our less highly recruited guys look to have an extra nasty edge to them, too: Tidd, Hebert, Sao (where does that apostrophe go again??), Wakefield.

3) Beef on the OLine - Huge monsters

4) Blue collared-ness of our D Line - Those three dudes all look to outwork everyone on each and every clip. Several shuffle from DT to DE and even LB at times. And Sao played multiple positions on both sides of the ball. It shows they not only work on the field, but study the game off it as well.

Top flight speed and playmaking ability might be my potential concerns. What are your overall impressions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News