ADVERTISEMENT

The rest of the season

Showingold

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2006
To preface - mason isn’t the guy I want in charge and I’ve thought he should go since his second game (ole miss after temple). But we know that’s not changing before the season is over, so

Yesterday sucked - no way to sugar coat that. But it was a clearly uncharacteristic day for Shurmur. There is good reason to believe that was an anomaly. Clearly, late in the game, the wheels fell off and sometimes that happens to teams with inferior talent.

There are a lot of things I really like about this team (the players). When Shurmur and co go up tempo they have shown they can move the ball. The defense, though undersized, has really bought into tarver’s Strip the ball mentality. It is costing some extra yards on running plays (where defenders are trying to strip instead of just wrap up and tackle), but it has bought us some extra possessions and will continue to do so. I love what George has done in that capacity.

There are some games left where we will likely get blown out. But there are also some games we should win. Ole Miss is TERRIBLE. No, they will not be able to outscore us. They will have mailed it in by the time we play. We know we can beat Tennessee. Arkansas is going to get better and will be a challenge, but can be beaten if we play like we did against ND. T state we should win. Florida and Kentucky are likely losses, but are possibilities.

It is also possible, given this is the first game THIS year where we got out butts kicked, that the coaches will make some meaningful schematic adjustments. We will soon find out.

Finally, ms state and Tennessee also got their butts kicked yesterday. It happens. Even to “good” teams.

So I am not ready to throw in the towel after yesterday’s HORRIBLE game. We have 8 to go, and I am a Vanderbilt Fan.

Go Vandy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News