ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic The one thing about football

MizM

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2014
...that bothers me is seeing, especially in slow motion, the bone jarring hits that I can tell just threw a player’s neck or spine out. Then I realize few of them will ever go to a chiropractor.

I saw a play tonight where a player had the ball and the defender hits him from the side, with the player’s neck snapping back as with whiplash. And that wasn’t even a helmet to helmet hit. It must go on several plays a game that someone’s spine or neck needs adjusting from a hit like that. Since I have to work at keeping my own spine in alignment I notice things like that.

I don’t think there is much that can be done about it but at least there are penalties for certain types of hits. I’ve of course been watching football since the mid 1960s but I have started noticing the potential injuries more in my old age.

All I can do is recommend they get an “advanced” rated activator chiropractor since it’s a low force method and hope they can stay in alignment. A lot of whiplash action goes on through a football game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News