ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball The morning after...

WestNashDore

Captain
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2009
I will be cheering hard for this team and CBD.

Here are some thoughts:

There were lots of comments last night about bad we looked early in the year last year and how the defense improved dramatically. I think we are conveniently forgetting that Luke was out for the first part of the year last year and hobbled for a while when he came back. This team has several players that can not guard their position. Luke fixed a lot of that last year. Belmont got to the rim consistently. Thankfully, they were off from 3.

This team will have to play a lot of zone. Luke isn't walking through that door to fix the man to man. I DO think we can win a bunch of games in zone when we hit shots. I also think the team will play with more confidence when they arent getting taken to the hoop by their man on every play.

The other fix needed is leadership. I think SABEN LEE is the clear alpha on this team. The seniors are going to have to let him lead. I dont think they will have a problem with that. Saban stepped up last night in his first road game. He needs is the leader of this team.

Im looking forward to watching Saben at the point and our zone defense!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News