ADVERTISEMENT

The Bryce-Drew-a-candidate-at-Illinois (etc.) update

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I spent a bit of time today talking to a high-level Vanderbilt source regarding the rumors of Bryce Drew's potential interest in the Illinois time. Here is what I was told:

The Drews are really happy here; that includes his wife, who is from the South (Mississippi). Of course, Bryce's parents have moved here and so that's also a factor.

There will likely be conversations with Bryce and VU officials in the coming days. That will include topics like "what do you need?" on facilities and such.

My source wouldn't go as far to say with 100 percent certainty that Bryce wouldn't go somewhere else just one year into his VU career.

Anyway, it's my opinion that there's not a lot to be concerned about right now. That said, I think this is going to be an annual occurrence, so Vanderbilt will need to continue to do its diligence to keep everybody happy and make sure Bryce Drew is happy on a personal level (which he appears to be) and in terms of facilities to compete with the high-level recruiting battles they're waging now, and will continue to wage in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News