ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Summer League observations

doctordore

Admiral
Dec 11, 2006
Jones - He's looked solid in the several games I've watched. Defends well, scores around the hoop well, hits the 17 footer well, but does not look too comfortable creating his own opportunities from the post. The biggest takeaway for me was that he has learned to make excellent passes from the high post. He's had a bunch of assists. I believe he'll contribute with meaningful minutes this year in place of McGee. And I bet he'll stay in the rotation when Cousins returns from his major injury. Cousins may take a very long while to get back to heavy minutes. And Kerr flat out said he's going to throw Damian Jones into the lineup season.

Baldwin - Best player on the court today in his game. Scored 20. Played great D. Made great decisions and passes. Huge dunk over some poor soul. He was matched up with Allen from Duke and got tangled up at the end of the game then kind of slapped Allen in the face as he swung away from him. Got a flagrant 2 foul on a technicality (contact above the neck rule) and was ejected. Wasn't a huge deal. And it was against the infamous tripper, Allen. So no one seemed all that bothered by it. But overall, he was a killer today. Totally locked in and aggressive. He'll be on a roster for sure.

Jenkins - Played with Baldwin. Scored 3-4 buckets, only missed one, made some great passes in traffic. But he did not really stand out. He'd solid. But he'll have to do a bit more to impress an NBA team enough to pick him up. The newly increased 17 roster spots will give him an extra chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.