ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse

Doresalum

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2017
Stackhouse is a great coach in some ways. You don't have a run like we did at the end of last year without a combination of x's and o's, player development, and a PhD in teenager psychology. Stackhouse took a program with Division III talent and turned it in a few years into a team that really ought to have been an NCAA team this year. I am very thankful to him for all he has done here. He helped us much more than Bryce Drew or Jan Van Breda Kolff.

But why do we have a college athletics program if not to benefit our student athletes? Other than a transfer (Manzon), and 2 or 3 freshman, we're going to have 100% turnover roster. That might work for the G League, but if the point of our team is to benefit student athletes, and no student athletes stay for a full four year degree, what is the point of a college athletics program? I am very concerned that the very psychological tactics he took to create the run this year has driven off almost the entire team. I get that Lawrence is leaving for other reasons, but everyone has some reason. Numbers are numbers.

I'm officially ready for Stack to move on. We need to sign a coach, pair him with an enormous penalty if he leaves, and let him invest in the program like Clark Lea is doing in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News