ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***SPRING GAME VISITORS***

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com

Watkins has Vandy in his top nine. Says he talks mainly to Clark Lea and WR coach Alex Bailey along with a lot of other assistant coaches. Seems to be an all-out effort here.

On what he's wanting to see most while on campus:

"Since I already have the relationship with the coaches. All I can really say is me feeling like Vandy is home for me."

On Clark Lea and Alex Bailey:

"Really him (Lea) taking his time out of his day to text me or talk to me. Most head coaches don't talk really. Same thing (with Bailey), we always keep in contact. We FaceTime too."

On what Bailey likes about his film:

"He said he thinks I will be a factor in the pass game from the slot. He likes my speed, catching ability, and yards after catch."

Listed as an athlete, but is being recruited as a defensive back. Sanford said SMU, Arkansas, Texas Tech, and Vanderbilt were schools sticking out to him back in late February. Recently ran a 10.62 in the 100 meters.

On what he's wanting to see the most at Vandy this weekend:

"The biggest thing I’m looking forward to seeing if it’s a family like environment and the life after football program."

On his relationship with the coaches:

"I’ve been hearing from all of them a lot but I talk to Coach (Nick) Howell the most. They’ve been picking up the communication a lot lately."

On what he likes about Nick Howell:

"I like that he’s genuine. He has a lot of energy and has made it clear that I’m a priority to them."

On what Howell likes about his film and skill set:

"He likes my position versatility and the speed I can bring to the back end."

Sanford said he's visited Rice, Oklahoma State, SMU, and TCU the past few weeks and plans to be at Texas Tech's spring game on the 23rd. He's going to get through track season, then focus on recruiting a bit more afterwards.

I'll keep adding to the list throughout the week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News