ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
I haven’t read a single word on here so apologies if this is reiterative, but I watched the entire game.

- Pavia is such a gamer. Dinardo used to always preach in a close game, there needed to be a person who would just want it more than the person lined up against them, and they would step up in win it. That’s Pavia to me. He has good vision and feel but I think he plays above his talent. Which is 💯 fine by me.

2. Skinner and Alexander look like they belong.

3. Our special teams should be a net plus for us this year even in the SEC

4. We beat them in play calling (which is what I focused on much more than players) on both sides of the ball.

The neutrals

- I thought Va Tech called an absolutely horrible game. Their playbook offensively was unimaginative, limited and predictable. And as much as we all want Marve to succeed after this game, he was horrible at adapting to Pavia. He spied him too late, with the wrong player and when that didn’t work he just kept blitzing for the strong side of the field. It got so predictable VU would just roll to the other side it was so obvious.

- I never thought of this (or any game) as “must win.” We have a long season and the key to me is to win 1-2 in the SEC. If there’s a must — it’s to show we can be competitive in a league that is vastly more athletic than the SEC

Great win!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.